I found this recipe on steamykitchen.com and it is fantastic – my whole family loved it. The author of the steamykitchen blog attributes the recipe to Chef Kurtis Jantz of Trump International Beach Resort in Miami.
2 ounces olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 roma tomatoes, diced
15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 ounce parsley leaves, rough chopped
Sea salt to taste
Black pepper, fresh-ground, to taste
- In a medium pan, add olive oil and heat on high until just below the smoking point. Remove from the heat and carefully add minced garlic. As soon as you smell the garlic cooking, add the tomatoes and stir well.
- Return pan to the stove over medium heat and add cannellini beans. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from stove, and let cool slightly.
- Fold in parsley. Using a food processor, pulse until the beans are broken up but not pureed, leaving some texture. You can add more olive oil to the mixture if you like it thinner.
- Cool to room temperature and serve as a dip, on crackers, or on toasted slices of baguette.