Cooked tomatillo salsa that goes great with bean tamales or anything else Mexican…
3/4 lb tomatillos
6 jalapeno or serrano chilis
1 medium onion
5 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add a little oil and fry tomatillos, chilis, and onion for about 5 minutes. They will blacken in places.
- Lower heat, add garlic, and fry for a minute or two more.
- Put ingredients in a blender, add cilantro, and puree until smooth.
- Pour puree into a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it darkens in color.
- Add broth and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until salsa thickens.